Consultant Occupational Therapist
In Balance Health is seeking an innovative and passionate Consultant Occupational Therapist to join their growing multidisciplinary team. Only a short, relaxed drive out of Perth with flexible work conditions using a hybrid model of service delivery… face to face and remote.
We are looking for someone to deliver exceptional Occupational Therapy services to our NDIS participants within a sustainable Collaborative Therapy Model.
NDIS Consultant Occupational Therapist role includes:
- Occupational Therapy specific Assessments and Reassessments for adults and children (four times a year)
- Conducting Functional Needs Assessments including Assistive Technology as required.
- NDIS Initial and Final Outcome Reports
- Setting up of AHA and Key worker plans.
- Collaborating with AHAs remotely on a regular basis.
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant undergraduate Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy\
- Minimum experience of one year
- AHPRA Registration
- Preferred practicum experience working with children with disabilities
- Knowledge of NDIS, individualised planning and funding options
- Experience working alongside a Speech Pathologist and AHA
- Ability to work independently, use initiative and set priorities
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and educate an Allied Health Assistant/Junior Occupational Therapist
What’s on Offer:
- A place to grow as a consultant and be innovative.
- Opportunity to help build a sustainable Regional Allied Health Model and make a difference!
- Generous remuneration for travel to and from Northam (get paid for a pleasant country drive!)
- Community minded collaborative approach – Country Style!
- An experienced, supportive multi-disciplinary team
- A friendly, FUN, and relaxed working environment.
- Flexible work arrangements and working hours.
- Great Facilities -Spacious sensory room, gardens and play gyms on site.
Junior Occupational Therapist
In Balance Health has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Occupational Therapist to work alongside an experienced multidisciplinary team in Northam, only a short drive out of Perth. We are looking for someone to deliver exceptional Occupational Therapy services to our NDIS participants within a sustainable Collaborative Therapy Model.
What’s on offer:
New Graduate Program:
- Joint and shadowing sessions under the IBPF Consultant model:
- All Initial Assessments, Therapy Plans and Reassessments are completed by Consultant Occupational Therapist in joint sessions with New Grads and AHA’s. Joint Reassessments occur 6-12 weekly or as required.
- New Grad delivers the Therapy Plan with the participant and network under the direct guidance of consultant.
- Mentor Sessions:
- Weekly with Senior Occupational Therapist for 12 weeks and fortnightly thereafter
- Monthly mentor sessions with NDIS coordinator to help navigate all areas of working with IBPF
- Monthly sessions with Managing Director for Personal Development
- 8 weekly Transdisciplinary Team support meetings.
- External PD funding available*
- Great small town community
- A friendly, FUN and relaxed working environment
- Great Facilities – Spacious sensory room, gardens and play gyms on site
- Team social and PD events
- Relocation support*
- Access to Employee Benefit Scheme*
- Access to Employee Bonus Scheme*
- Opportunity for diverse experience across a range of paediatric and adult based therapy
You will require:
- Relevant undergraduate Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- AHPRA Registration
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills